Dietician, legal expert and comedy character Brian Butterfield is heading on a first-ever tour of England, starting September 2023.
Peter Serafinowicz, the brain behind the Butterfield character, is taking the character on the road for the first time on the placeholder name tour.
The character, which is best known for his appearances in The Peter Serafinowicz Show, announced the tour on his Twitter account.
Butterfield wrote: “This is happening! Somebody call Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine!”
The show’s blurb reads: “Brian Butterfield makes his live stage debut, imparting all of his business knowledge from his decades spent within the business world working as everything from Lord Mayor’s Croupier to Circus Horse Dentist.
“Brian believes that every failure is just an opportunity to learn a new lesson. Having opened, and closed, several businesses, Brian has learnt over 1000 lessons. And most importantly, the secrets to success.
“NOW, Brian is ready to share them ALL to the biggest audiences in the country. This is a once in lifetime opportunity (for Brian). CALL NOW!”
A full list of tour dates can be found below.
- September 11 – Exeter – Corn Exchange
- September 12 – Cardiff – Glee Club
- September 13 – Birmingham – Glee Club
- September 16 – Sheffield – The Leadmill
- September 17 – Leicester – Y Theatre
- September 18 – Leeds – City Varieties Music Hall
- September 21 – Glasgow – Glee Club
- September 24 – London – Earth Theatre
- September 28 – Bath – Komedia
- September 29 – Portsmouth – New Theatre Royal
- October 1 – Manchester – Stoller Hall
- October 4 – Nottingham – Glee Club
A sold-out Madison Square Garden date has also been listed for September 31, although as Butterfield admitted on his Twitter account, he “couldn’t even get” a ticket for said date.
The 20,000-capacity venue which has played host to LCD Soundsystem’s farewell tour and the Muhammad Ali v. Joe Frazier fight, will also play host to Brian Butterfield.