Music legend and Olivier award-winning artist Richard Hawley has announced a compilation album through Ace Records.
The album, 28 Little Bangers from Richard Hawley’s Jukebox, will release via a 2LP set and a CD release on May 26, 2023.
The Tonight the Streets Are Ours and Open Up Your Door singer-songwriter has laid out twenty-eight tracks on the upcoming record, all deep cuts and 7″ singles from his collection.
Ace Records announced the album earlier today, with the collection of “Little Bangers” described as a collection of “mini hand grenades”.
Their announcement read: “These are a choice selection of 28 7″s that Richard has collected on his travels around the globe, through friends, family, collectors, word of mouth, thrift shop finds, pub jukebox gems and all that’s in-between.
“Richard refers to the glue that joins these selections together as ‘Little Bangers’ as they are all mini hand grenades, bright lights that explode and fizzle out, some big names, some rarities, some lost souls, some obscurities, some by artists he actively enjoys knowing almost nothing about other than they want to get him on his feet and dance.
“Many are garage instrumentals, exposing the guitar-line as lead melody and the art of telling a story without lyrics.”
A full list of Hawley’s collection of twenty-eight tracks can be found below.
- Hornet’s Nest – Curtis Knight & The Squires feat. Jimi Hendrix
- Nasty – The Timekeepers
- Path Through The Forest (Version) – The Factory
- Get On This Plane – The Premiers
- Scotch On The Socks – The Shadows
- Quasimoto – The Road Runners
- Lazy Rebel – Twangy Rebels
- Swinging Drums – Ronny Kae
- Cuttin’ Out – Rockin’ Ronald & The Rebels
- Honky – The Ho-Dads
- Black Night – Cheryl Thompson
- Long Line Rider – Bobby Darin
- Poppin’ Popeye – Link Wray & The Ray Men
- Hot-Rod – King Curtis
- Feels Like A Woman – The Troggs
- Cuttin’ Out – The Pirates
- Where You Gonna Go – Art Guy
- Neb’s Tune – Ahab & The Wailers
- Buzzzzzz – Jimmy Gordon
- Jungle Walk – The Dyna-Sores
- Surfin’ & Swingin’ (Shorter Version) – Les Brown Jr
- Tahiti – Jimmy & Stan
- Bawana Jinde – Al Duncan
- Dead End Part 1 – The Executioners
- Requiem For Love – Bobbie Gentry & Jody Reynolds
- 3/4 Mash – The Champs
- El Gato – The Chandelles
- It’s Nothing To Me – Sanford Clark
The record, available for £27 through Ace Records, can be purchased here.